Observera supports the US Government with GEOINT analysts at several skill levels from Journeyman to Expert, involving various types of imagery and geospatial information. We are looking for both production-oriented IAs and technically-minded IAs. Our imagery analysts work within Government / multi-contractor teams requiring strong collaboration and communication skills.
Strong candidates for the production-oriented positions will have a background in intelligence production, including baseline analysis and special analysis to address key intelligence questions. Strong candidates will have experience in applying advanced geospatial products (aka Full Spectrum GEOINT) toward intelligence problems and have experience across imaging modalities, and be knowledgable of the capabilities of advanced systems and algorithms.
Strong candidates for the technically-oriented positions will bring skills that can assist in development of the next generation of automated analytic algorithms and workflows. This is an excellent opportunity for technically-minded IAs who are developing or would like to develop skills for programming and/or machine learning. Strong candidates should be familiar with or have experience in evaluating algorithms / workflows for analytics, such as automated target recognition (ATR) and automated change detection, as well as experience across imaging modalities. The work will involve developing training / validation datasets, processing data, performing assessments of algorithm results, and analyzing algorithm failure modes. Opportunities for learning about and contributing to software development / data science will be available, if interested.
Required Education & Skills (both):
- Experience performing imagery/ GEOINT analysis;
- Exposure to various imagery modalities – IR, OPIR, EO, IR, SAR, MSI;
- Experience with analysis software applications, such as SOCET GXP, RemoteView, GIS;
- Completion of NGA or service imagery analysis program(s);
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on writing reports and developing / presenting briefing materials for intelligence.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to learn and perform in a dynamic work environment;
- Track record of delivering results.
Beneficial Skills (both):
- Associates, Bachelors or Masters degree;
- Prior military or IC intel experience;
- Advanced training and experience in applying Full-Spectrum GEOINT capabilities;
- Thorough understanding of national imaging capabilities;
Beneficial Skills (technical positions):
- Knowledge and/or experience with image processing / artificial intelligence / machine learning, such as developing requirements, developing training data, performing processing, or evaluating results;
- Scripting and/or programming, such as for shell scripts, visual Basic, python, or C;
- Knowledge and/or experience in statistics;
- Maritime analysis experience;