To apply for a position please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or apply through ClearanceJobs.com
Observera is working on US Government projects involving various types of imagery and geospatial information. As a Software Engineer/Developer, your job will be to develop and operationalize advanced automated geospatial software algorithms, products and workflows, such as for imagery change detection, object detection/recognition, land-cover classification, geospatial pattern analysis, and analytic intelligence workflows. Work will be in very small teams with significant individual responsibility and an opportunity to learn advanced image and geospatial skills from seasoned colleagues. You will interact directly with both company and customer project managers and technical staff on a daily basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly respected small company, supporting important US Government missions. We offer excellent benefits and a positive work environment.
- Design, develop and implement new software programs and systems;
- Document code through clearly written code, comments and supplementary materials, such as flow diagrams, use-cases, and architecture diagrams;
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and colleagues;
- Test and maintain software products to ensure functionality and performance;
- Maintain and improve the performance of software programs and workflows;
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary;
- Analyze requirements and project definitions;
- Propose, document and pitch designs and solutions;
- Analyze your and others potential solutions for operational feasibility;
- Install automated solutions into customer architecture;
- Stay up-do-date on job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Protect operations by ensuring security and associated protocols are followed.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field;
- 4+ years experience in software development;
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Graduate degree;
- Python, C++;
- Familiarity with Image and Geospatial processing;
- Experience with various imaging modalities (visible, infrared, spectral, Synthetic Aperture Radar);
- Working knowledge of Statistics;
- Algorithm design;
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Neural Networks / Evolutionary Algorithms;
- Geospatial database / metadata experience;
- Automated solutions, Containerization, and Experience with APIs;
- Systems analysis / systems engineering;
Observera supports the US Government with GEOINT analysts at several skill levels from Journeyman to Expert, involving various types of imagery and geospatial information. We are looking for both production-oriented IAs and technically-minded IAs. Our imagery analysts work within Government / multi-contractor teams requiring strong collaboration and communication skills.
Strong candidates for the production-oriented positions will have a background in intelligence production, including baseline analysis and special analysis to address key intelligence questions. Strong candidates will have experience in applying advanced geospatial products (aka Full Spectrum GEOINT) toward intelligence problems and have experience across imaging modalities, and be knowledgable of the capabilities of advanced systems and algorithms.
Strong candidates for the technically-oriented positions will bring skills that can assist in development of the next generation of automated analytic algorithms and workflows. This is an excellent opportunity for technically-minded IAs who are developing or would like to develop skills for programming and/or machine learning. Strong candidates should be familiar with or have experience in evaluating algorithms / workflows for analytics, such as automated target recognition (ATR) and automated change detection, as well as experience across imaging modalities. The work will involve developing training / validation datasets, processing data, performing assessments of algorithm results, and analyzing algorithm failure modes. Opportunities for learning about and contributing to software development / data science will be available, if interested.
Required Education & Skills (both):
- Experience performing imagery/ GEOINT analysis;
- Exposure to various imagery modalities – IR, OPIR, EO, IR, SAR, MSI;
- Experience with analysis software applications, such as SOCET GXP, RemoteView, GIS;
- Completion of NGA or service imagery analysis program(s);
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on writing reports and developing / presenting briefing materials for intelligence.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to learn and perform in a dynamic work environment;
- Track record of delivering results.
Beneficial Skills (both):
- Associates, Bachelors or Masters degree;
- Prior military or IC intel experience;
- Advanced training and experience in applying Full-Spectrum GEOINT capabilities;
- Thorough understanding of national imaging capabilities;
Beneficial Skills (technical positions):
- Knowledge and/or experience with image processing / artificial intelligence / machine learning, such as developing requirements, developing training data, performing processing, or evaluating results;
- Scripting and/or programming, such as for shell scripts, visual Basic, python, or C;
- Knowledge and/or experience in statistics;
- Maritime analysis experience;